Role: Data Engineer
Location: WI or Remote
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
As a Data Engineer at Tuatara, you will put your expertise to work on building and supporting data solutions constructed on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and ServiceNow platforms. Meeting our customers where they are on their digital journey (cloud dark, on-prem, hybrid, or in the cloud) and providing world-class consultative solutions that will expedite their respective travels will be your charge. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Become a member of Client/Tuatara scrum teams that will leverage agile ceremonies to facilitate the successful delivery of solutions.
- Work with the engagement team to understand priorities, build backlogs, prioritize tasks that will address issues and changes, and present proposals for improving the client’s environments.
- Ability to understand the end game and create iterative, agile outputs that build momentum and maintains the flexibility to stay in line with maximizing business value.
- Spearhead the implementation, execution, and maintenance of Data Integration technology solutions.
- Lead consultative efforts to build and support information management practices such as maturing data quality processes, performing data analysis, participating in technology implementation planning, and verification to ensure successful delivery of engineered data solutions.
- Provide leadership for Data Integration tasks supporting projects
- Lead the management and proactive improvement of client’s data estate by analyzing the current systems environment
- Leverage proven practices, applications, technology, tools, and platforms to support and enhance the business-oriented insights generated with Tuatara’s data-driven solutions.
- Assist or lead pre-sales client engagements.
- Change agent that has a thirst and commitment to the perpetual search of new ways of leveraging cutting-edge capabilities to deliver world-class solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, IS, or Engineering preferred
- Emotional Intelligence and ability to meet the customer where they are and provide collaborative consultative solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience in engineering solutions for Cloud applications leveraging Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or ServiceNow services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis such as measures of central tendency, normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, basic tests, correlation, and regression techniques.
- Cloud-based and data-oriented certifications in Azure, Google, ServiceNow, or AWS.
- Experience with modern storage technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, GCP Cloud, BigQuery)
- Experience with Hadoop, AutoSys or Control M, Docker, Kubernetes, public cloud services, modern SDLC processes & tools, and ML model management.
- Experience with data migration, transformation, and refactoring to a cloud-based environment
- Experienced in the use of standard ETL and ELT tools and techniques.
- 3-5 years developing solutions that consist of data integration, data warehouse, data marts, data transformation, data modeling, and data presentation on Azure, GCP, and ServiceNow platforms.
- 3-5 years of experience with IoT, unstructured data capture, and transformation techniques leveraging Azure and Google Cloud capabilities.
- Expertise in Python, SQL, .Net, Scala, Spark, and other advanced programming capabilities
- Working knowledge of PaaS services relating to Data, Analytics and end-point API interfaces – EMR/Dataproc/Databricks etc.
- Knowledge of security controls around authentication, authorizations, encryptions, and certificates
- Versed in data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau.
- Has a working knowledge of various data structures and the ability to extract data from various data sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of cloud scaling technologies and the economic impact of doing so.
- Versed in on-prem and cloud-based deployments and impact on network resources to effectively deploy solutions seamlessly and assisting in triage where needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.